Specifications Sash Windows
Sash Windows - Specifications
Our sash windows are made from a treated multi-layered wood (pine - softwood and oak - hardwood), which minimizes swelling and warping and prolongs the life of the product. A long-term smooth operation of our sash windows is a standard.
- A factory-fitted Saint Gobain Low-E double-glazed unit is filled with argon gas to reduce heat transfer.
- A glass can be clear, laminated, toughened, or obscure.
- A toughened/laminated glass is used where necessary to comply with the Building Regulations.
- Wooden glazing bars can be added to a window design.
Finish and Design
Fantastic choice of finish colours, paint or varnish
- Micro-porous coating protects wood from the weather influence and minimum maintenance is required. Various fully-factory finishes are available: more than 200 RAL palette colours and 20 standard stains, or a combination of both finishes, for a unique design of your windows.
- Follow this link to see various design options of our sliding sash windows.
Performance and Operation
- The windows are weather-sealed for draught-proofing.
- Security of the sash windows is ensured with a hook fastener and a security lock stop; the glazing unit is internally beaded.
- Two types of operation are available: traditional boxes with cords and weights and modern spring balance.
- An internal wooden window board and external wooden sill can be fitted.
- Various ironmongery options are possible.